Friday, June 20, 2008

Kelly Art




I've seen these lovely pieces of jewelry around in magazines, on the internet and in boutiques. They were always a little too pricey. I looked at it with the attitude that if someone else can do that, I can do it, too. Upon the completion of this project, I could understand why these little gems carry a healthy price tag. I used recycled glass from some picture frames that met their demise and printed out some tiny pictures of my friend and me. One one side, the charms spell out "F-R-I-E-N-D" and on the flip side of the charms, there are pictures of my friend and me during a trip I made to Washington to visit her. She and I share a love for coffee so I included a little bit of coffee "charm" as well.

I had fun with this project...except for the fact that my first soldering gun literally blew up in my face. It was without serious incident, but i did have to replace my soldering instrument.

On my next soldering art projects, I will not use glue dots. They melt and tend to ruin the art on white paper.

No comments: