Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friendship Gardens


Several years ago, my friend Mary gave me two clumps of Daisies and a Poppy plant from her garden. That was when I was just really starting to experience the real joys of gardening. Now, those clumps of daisies have spread and produced so many flowers. This was the first season that I really got excited about them and cut them to bring them indoors to enjoy them here, too.

Every Spring, without fail, I go out into the yard to see the awakenings of all the plants and whenever I see the Daisies sprouting up their new, bright green leaves, I think of Mary and the day we dug up those plants and wrapped them in newspaper to bring them to my yard. Sadly, I have lost touch with Mary, but she made an imprint on my heart...and I do remember her because of my friendship garden.

1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

such a sweet memory, thank you for sharing!