We took Quincy's kite out on her maiden voyage today. We really enjoyed flying the kite. The sun in the blue sky so beautiful and when the kite flew, those bright colors of the kite were so eye-catching. At certain angles, the sun's light shone through the kite's bright and crinkly nylon fabric. The whole experience was just beautiful. Once the sun went down, the temperature dropped quickly.
Friday, April 9, 2010
I added a new cookbook to my collection: Artisan Bread In Five Minutes a Day. And the first recipe I tried from it today was for bagels. The dough went together rather easily. Then, after the initial rise, I went ahead and made my first batch of ten bagels. They seem...."lumpy" to me, but then I have to remember that they are a different type of bagel than american bagels. I suppose after I make them a few more times, I will find a rhythm to it and I will be a little more satisfied.
Kaitlyn had been in her room and then came out and caught her first whiff of the treats baking and exclaimed, "Oh my GOSH! IT SMELLS SO GOOD IN HERE!" I think everyone loves the smell of bread baking, right?
We all agreed that our favorite part to this whole bread making adventure was in the eating. We smeared a little cream cheese on the bagels when they were still warm from the oven. It was insanely delicious!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- my mother came over for coffee
- i sat in the very cold wind to watch Kait play soccer...it was miserable
- i bought a large storage container to store my weekly amounts of bread dough
- i read 7 storybooks for Quincy at bedtime...
- i made a short list of art supplies i need to get during my next outing
- i cursed my hair and can't wait to get it cut by Katie this weekend.
- i wished for a new wardrobe
- I'm having coffee with my neighbor
- I will send of those pesky tax documents
- I will wish for a new wardrobe
- I will eagerly anticipate my new hair
- I will hope my spool pins for my sewing machine will be in the mail
- I will work on crocheting a little more on my wedding dress
Monday, April 5, 2010
This was one of those weekends that was completely PERFECT! On Saturday, my mom and I took Quincy to hunt eggs at our church's Children's Easter Egg Hunt.
Despite the crazy Colorado springtime wind, we had a great time! Quincy scored a whole bunch of candy in those colorful eggs!
After a Goodwill Hunting with Rachel, my kids and I dyed our own eggs Martha Stewart Style!
On Sunday, my kids and I drove over to my mother's where my sister and her family were also there and we enjoyed a lovely luncheon. Mom had an egg hunt for the younger kids, too. We all had such a lovely time hanging out together and making new memories.
Friday, April 2, 2010
...in a dish! How many pieces do you wish?
One of every color!
I'm so sad! I somehow lost the entry I posted....so here is the picture again....
....and the link to my blog devoted to picture text messages of coffee www.coffeetagsnow.blogspot.com
If you commented here and the comment is gone, I apologize. This wasn't supposed to happen. Boo to the cyberspace gremlins!
Until next time,