Sunday, June 29, 2008
...a bowl full of FRESH Palisades, Colorado Bing Cherries
...grilling a delicious meal
...picture text messages
...having my swap card maxed out
Quincy and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning. It sure was fun to get out for a little while and enjoy the lovely sunshine.
I hoped to find some strawberries, but either I didn't look hard enough or there weren't any to be found. I did, however, find some beautiful Bing Cherries. They sure are sweet and juicy! Is it just me? or are those vendors really proud of those ears of corn???
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Herbs are Growing
Gosh! I can't decide if my favorite buy today was the red fabric with beads and glitter, the box of 12 skeins of Lion Brand Chenille yarn, or the Lyle Lovett "Pontiac" CD. I plan to transform the red piece of fabric into a skirt. It is the perfect red and the sparkles are just perfect, too. Not too big, not too flashy! Just enough to give a little glamorous glint. It was in the clearance bin and goodness knows I'm crazy for a clearance sale. I HATE to pay full price for anything. I am not different from any other bargain hound. I want to stretch my dollar just as far as I can, too!
The Chenille will become another shawl. I should have plenty to make a nice sized shawl. The yarn labels were still on the skeins. That stuff was originally 7 dollars per skein. And I swooped up the whole box for a mind-boggling 3 dollars! I feel very blessed about that! Moses really likes the chenille! I can't keep him OUT of it! Goofy Cat!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Relaxing in the Tiki Lounge with the boys last night...watching the bats swoop and dive for their nightly meal.
Hanging out with my daughters talking and giggling 'til two in the morning
Friday energy....gonna try to go to a few yard sales today!
being a mom
Thursday, June 26, 2008
happy healthy kids
my new blog is wonderful ... it has all the features i wanted
our new kitten is adorable and makes us all smile and laugh
life and new possibilities
time to be creative
Bonus thankful "thang" COFFEE! COFFEE! COFFEE! Sweet and hot!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
I plan to keep it now and wear it while I am creating my Christmas crafts this season.
I really enjoy Debbie Mumm's artwork. It's whimsical, folksy, country, charming and just plain CUTE! I really like a lot of her quilt designs, too.
Monday, June 23, 2008
THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE HERE!
A few weeks ago, I was enjoying a quiet morning when the thought occured to me that I HAD to have some pink flamingoes for my yard.
They "landed" in my yard today.
I'm so excited to welcome them into my garden. I am sure we will enjoy their company.
I'm just tickled PINK!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Hail! Hail! The gang's all HERE!
This is the photo I wanted to include with my last post....couldn't find it so I "went with" another image. I couldn't stand that I didn't know where this photo was. I couldn't rest 'til i found it. This just doesn't happen very often. My 16 year old son doesn't like to have photos made of him very often.
Friday, June 20, 2008
- i found my bracelet from Dick...one minor repair and I can wear it again!
- It's FRIDAY and it's officially SUMMER (sorta!)
- Amazon.com.....I can't wait for my new books to arrive!
- more lovely rain today....so refreshing
- anticipating the landing of flamingos
I had fun with this project...except for the fact that my first soldering gun literally blew up in my face. It was without serious incident, but i did have to replace my soldering instrument.
On my next soldering art projects, I will not use glue dots. They melt and tend to ruin the art on white paper.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
1. What is your favorite Summer Drink(s)? Pink Lemonade or Margaritas
2. What is your favorite Summer Activity? gardening, hiking
3. If you could spend a lazy afternoon reading, what would be in your hands? Any Somerset Studios Magazine or a quilting book
4. What is your favorite type of craft/art medium? Photography, Sewing, paper crafts
5. What is one art/craft supply you absolutely have been dying to have or try? Precious Metal Clay
6. What are your favorite colors in our 'rainbow sherbet' theme? Pink, lime green, yellow, orange, aqua (or blue) I'm not sure what this is.
7. What is your favorite sweet treat? Swedish Fish
8. Are there any craft or art supplies you would NOT be interested in receiving? no...i love 'em all, i think??
9. What is your favorite song today?
10. How do you 'pamper' yourself during the hot summer days? Relax in my garden/yard
11. Do you have any kidlets or pets? I have five kids, a big orange bunny named Hunny and I am getting ready to welcome a new kitten into my home.
12. What is your best potluck dish for summer get togethers? Brownies or Five Cup Salad
13. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere, where would it be? I would LOVE to see Ireland or Italy
14. Describe your decorating style. Does that say anything about your personality? I don't know if I really follow any prescribed "STYLE" per se, but if I find something i really like, I find a spot for it in my home. I love old things and shabby chic things and cottage-y things.
15. What are your initials? KMW
16. Why do you like to join swaps? I love shopping for swaps! It's a fun way to make new friends and sending off little "care packages" to surprise someone is just LOTS of fun!
17. You have 25 dollars to spend just on you for a little treat. What do you buy? ((you can list more than one thing)...fabric for jammy pants, a starbucks drink, a new Somerset Magazine, a stack of yummy patterned papers
18. What's one craft supply or art supply you absolutely can not live without? fabric or patterened papers
19. Who's the last person you hugged? My 3 year old son, Quincy
20. What's your favorite number and why? my favorite number is 7. I just like the way it sounds to say it and it's been lucky for me! :)
***Just a little mish mash of questions to help you get to know your partner!! Please comment on this post once you have your 20 questions up so we ALL can visit you, too!!!*****
Monday, June 9, 2008
There is no reason I should feel shy about blogging here on blogspot. It really isn't any different from livejournal, myspace or yahoo 360! I'm a seasoned blogger...in fact, I sometimes wonder if I am ..... dare I say it? "addicted"
I wanted this to be mostly for a creative spot in my world where I can talk about my creative endeavors. A place to kick around ideas and be inspired. I am looking for a sense of community as well as self expression...
Perhaps it is because this is all so new! It is completely uncharted territory for me as I have no idea how to make changes in the appearance of things here. My kids don't even know anything about this blogspace to help me learn! I am completely on my own!
Anyone out there who is friendly and willing to help out a newbie? I could sure use some coaching right about now! :)