Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Little Celebration

Rachel celebrated a birthday last week. I've driven by this shop so many times. I was dying to try it...so I surprised her by stopping by. I was so curious to see the inside of this shop! Better yet...I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into some cake!


Do you see us in the reflection?


The decor is very girlie! The walls are very soft pink and .... well, Parisian! I loved it! It was very comfortable.


This is our cute little table. I absolutely loved how the sun streamed through the windows. I think Rachel did, too, because we both kept exclaiming, "This place is SOOOOO cute!" or..."Oh my GOSH! I JUST love this little shop!"

We each ordered the Chocolate Cherry cupcakes. The cake was perfectly moist and the density was perfect. The icing was delicious. The cherries were reported to have been imported from Italy. It was the perfect blend of yum. And just look at the adorable dishes!

Here is the birthday girl with her giftie from me...I wonder what it could be?



Why! It's MITTENS....handknit, in Rachel's favorite color of blue, of course!


YAY! She told me she really hoped she would get some mittens.


Rachel had never had french press coffee before. It was time she was shown the ropes. After letting the coffee steep for 5 minutes, she pressed them to the bottom of the carafe and filled her cup.

Not bad, eh?

We lingered for a while after our treats were gone.....and sipped sparkling mineral water
(another first for Rachel).
It was such a lovely afternoon for both of us. I was so glad to be part of Rachel's special day. Thank you for letting me share in your day! I hope your day was extra special, Rachel!

No comments: