Friday, April 9, 2010

Something You Can Really Sink Your Teeth Into...






I added a new cookbook to my collection: Artisan Bread In Five Minutes a Day. And the first recipe I tried from it today was for bagels. The dough went together rather easily. Then, after the initial rise, I went ahead and made my first batch of ten bagels. They seem...."lumpy" to me, but then I have to remember that they are a different type of bagel than american bagels. I suppose after I make them a few more times, I will find a rhythm to it and I will be a little more satisfied.

Kaitlyn had been in her room and then came out and caught her first whiff of the treats baking and exclaimed, "Oh my GOSH! IT SMELLS SO GOOD IN HERE!" I think everyone loves the smell of bread baking, right?

We all agreed that our favorite part to this whole bread making adventure was in the eating. We smeared a little cream cheese on the bagels when they were still warm from the oven. It was insanely delicious!

No comments: