Saturday, May 26, 2012

Always


Always

I saw the word "always" as a writing prompt. Immediately, my mind began thinking thoughts of eternity or forevermore. I wrote a few jagged sentences to get my pen moving, but scratched them out. I decided to conduct an internet search on Google. com for "always". I was presented with four links to a feminine hygiene sanitary product, a music video link and a definition on dictionary.com and another definition at wikipedia.com I clicked on the link to dictionary.com. I discovered yet another avenue to find more information about sanitary pads in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

The four definitions I found were:

1.) every time; on every occasion without exception
2.) all the time; continuously; uninterruptedly
3.) forever
4.) in any even; at any time; if necessary

I even check urbandictionary.com! The third definition there made me giggle! It is quite possible that the only reason it did was because it contains an f-bomb. The definition reads: "A fucking long time, sometimes for all eternity."

My conclusion: The internet always provides entertainment.

No comments: