Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another Adult Child


She counted down the days and there was a huge sigh of relief that she breathed as she walked out the doors that day last December. She met all of the requirements to graduate a semester earlier than her classmates. We knew she wanted to walk with the class in May, so we waited for the celebration.

I met her friend so he could follow me to our house. As we made our way up the winding hill, it hit my like a ton of bricks. The emotions all washed over me and I started to cry tears of joy. Her big day was finally here! Her friends and family made long drives to be here on her special day. 

The ceremony was lovely. I got a lump in my throat when I heard the band play "Pomp And Circumstance" and then again when I saw my daughter walking out from behind the big black curtain. She looked so proud, confident and beautiful.

Kaitlyn, 

I am so very proud of you. You are truly an inspiration and I love you. I am so glad I got to be YOUR mom. You are so smart and can do ANYTHING you have the desire to do. Stretch your wings and fly! 

May you know no limits.

I love you more than Swedish Fish!

-Mom

No comments: