Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pearly Whites




Q had his first dental check up yesterday. We talked about it a little before we went in. I told him they would just count his teeth and they needed to look at them to make sure they are healthy.



When we arrived, we were called back pretty quickly...which I think helped to not let anxiety set in too deeply. When we got into the exam room, there was a thick foam booster for a mini person. Quincy sat on the booster in the chair long enough for me to snap one photo, then told me he wanted to sit on my lap. The hygienist was all right with that. She gave him some tiny sunglasses to wear so the light wouldn't be so bright in his little eyes.



Teresa counted twenty teeth. Then asked Quincy what flavor he liked. I know they have about five different flavors, but she narrowed it down to two for him: cherry and orange. He chose orange. In all, his appointment lasted maybe 20 minutes. It was very quick! The report was there are no cavities and no tartar to be scraped. So of course, I patted myself on the back.



Q got to choose a new toothbrush, too! He told me he chose red because that is his favorite. It's really true! You learn something new every day! I didn't know he had a favorite color!



We celebrated Quincy's bravery by stopping at McDonald's for a little bite to eat and some time to play on the gigantic gerbil tubes.








No comments: