Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodnight Moon


As I was leaving Walmart last night, I saw this gorgeous sight. I pulled off to the side of the road and started composing and snapping and then recomposing. I saw headlights reflecting in my sideview mirrors. My window was down. I quickly discovered in the dim light it was an ambulance that had approached. The two men inside the rescue vehicle peered into my car and asked if I was okay and they asked if I needed help. I smiled, then giggled and told them I was just photographing the moon. They smiled. Then, they nodded. And then they drove away. I snapped a few more shots and then drove away, too. I was happy with my decision to stop and get the captures.
This week has been really crazy. I've missed checking my mail and reading my favorite blogs each day. Each day this week has unveiled some secret surprise that hasn't always been a nice one. I've managed to meet each challenge and make it through with my head held high.
The biggest surprise was that Alex spent 9 hours in urgent care last night as a result of an asthma flare-up. Any of you who are parents of asthmatic kids can attest to the fact that Asthma is pretty frightening. Witnessing an asthma attack can leave you feeling rather small and extremely helpless...then when the doctors take aggressive measures and there isn't any kind of favorable improvement, that small feeling becomes a lot more intense. Thankfully, the aggressiveness of the doctor who cared for Alex last night finally did pay off and I was able to bring my boys home and tuck them into bed.
I am so thankful for the advances in medicine and technology. Because of them, my kids are happy and healthy today.

No comments: