Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Catching Up!

This was such a lovely morning. I was photographing the light and how it reflected off my favorite "Anthro mug" and the pink in the vintage thrift store vase and the daisies and just generally drinking it all in when my big, marshmallow cat, Jitter, arrived on scene. He loves flowers! Really! Seeing the fresh daisies from the garden must've been just too much for him to resist. First he sniffed them, then he licked them. I knew eating them came next. I snapped a picture of him before he made brunch of them. I really love how all the colors pop.

It's been hot the past couple of days. Uncomfortably hot. I have a friend who lives in Arizona who just laughs at me when I whine about the heat. One hundred fifteen degrees is not uncommon at her house. But! I know she wouldn't be very comfortable in our 20-degree winters! Haha! I love you, Nettie!


Another shot of the fresh daisies. I have to say: They just aren't as spectacular as they were last summer. We had a bad storm on the fourth of July and the hail really beat them up. Poor things......

2 comments:

caryn strauss-smith art and design said...

I love the cat with flowers picture! Great capture!

Jacqueline said...

These photos are gorgeous! I love the one with the sweet kitty so much! Love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/