Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just One Of Those Days

The sun burned bright and hot this morning. I thought about going for a run. Then I thought about just sitting quietly and enjoying a cup of coffee. That sounded much better than running in the heat.

Early this afternoon, the storm clouds rolled in and covered us in a veil of beautiful diffused light. Then cool, cleansing, refreshing rain fell. Such sweet relief!

These sunflowers were used in a shoot earlier in the week. They stood so majestically on my kitchen counter in a Mason jar of water. I scooped them up and placed them in my favorite shooting area of my dining room and I pressed the shutter. This was a 7-ish second exposure.

I love this capture!

5 comments:

LissaBee Creations said...

What a gorgeous shot!

Java Venus said...

Thank you very much!

Flor Larios Art said...

LOVE IT! what colors gorgeous!

Mandy said...

ovely...must learn more about cameras...xxx

Jodene Shaw said...

I adore your sunflower photos and the new hollyhock one is just romantic. Hollyhocks have taken over one of my flower beds...I tried to do something different this year, but they had reseeded covering the entire flowerbed. So, I am going to let the hollyhocks win. I don't have to do any work to maintain them!