Monday, October 17, 2011

The Beginning

Kelly Mitchell
"The Beginning" 2011
11" x 14"
acrylic on canvas

I don't know what it is. I started out with a poem here. I wanted it to accompany this painting. I saw the words...black and beautiful swimming in the sea of white and the cursor blinked....begging for more words. "Blink! Blink!" In my mind it equaled "More! More!" 

I froze. 

I reminded myself: I can do this. 

I am not afraid of stringing words together with words to express my thoughts. Nevertheless, I pulled my paper journal out from under my keyboard. I opened the covers to a blank page and transferred the words from the screen onto a blue-lined page in my current composition notebook journal. 

My mind is tired. 

I liked where I was headed with that string of words and I want to refine them more before I share them. 

Is that really it? Or am I dealing with a piece of self-doubt? Maybe it is both. Whatever the case, I am going to be a deleter for now and I will share the words soon.

This painting! When I look at it, I feel so happy. I couldn't wait to share it with my loved ones. Right now, it hangs in my dining room. 

Attitude of Gratitude:
  • the smell of fresh-brewed coffee in the morning
  • the howling wind outside my window as I type
  • my health
  • inspirational music
  • sketchbooks

2 comments:

fishyfishyfishy said...

I love your painting! that is way awesome!

Java Venus said...

Thank you, Amanda! I am thrilled with it, too! Thank you for reading my blog and giving me encouragement.