Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'll Take Manhattan....Kansas, That Is!

I have been extremely blessed to have witnessed some very awe-inspiring sunrises. My kids attend schools that require us to drive a short distance from our home and each morning, the sky looks so markedly different from the day before.


On my birthday, the sunrise was the most beautiful pink. When the sight first came into view, I was speechless. I just gasped. Kaitlyn smiled and said, "You see that Mom? That is for you." I couldn't help believing she was right...it was my birthday after all and a sunrise like that really set the day off on the right foot. I went to reach for my camera, but I had left it at home. I was so disappointed. 


I love how in the light similar to the photo I have shared here, any object is perfectly silhouetted. 


I was apprehensive about living in Kansas. People tend to stereotype it. I will say that a lot of Kansas is flat, but where I live, there are rolling hills and rivers and .... really beautiful sunrises.

Ten Things I Love:



  1. sunrises shared with people I love
  2. jingle bells in Kitties' collars
  3. spiced chai lattes
  4. bamboo knitting needles
  5. red pears
  6. seat warmers
  7. amber sunlight
  8. mint
  9. hubby's sweet iced tea
  10. soft, clean sheets
What are you loving .... right this minute?


No comments: