I decided on how big I needed my quilt. Then did the math to figure out how many squares I needed. I came up with 1,444 squares. I went ahead and cut 1500 to make sure that if I needed to, I could change them out. And with the squares leftover, I plan to make a toss pillow to co-ordinate. As I cut out the fabrics, I diligently marked them on this sheet of paper. I was soooo happy to finally reach ZERO! The stacks of fabrics reminded me of poker chips!
I laid out all the stacks of different fabrics and started sewing them together in random fashion in groups of two. Then put them into a basket. Once all the squares were paired, I put them into 38 stacks of nineteen groups of twos. WOW! My neck and back were really starting to feel tense by this point.