Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I got go out for a little bit and do just a tiny bit of shopping. I stopped at the quilting shop in Castle Rock. I wasn't even in the store very long. I knew I wanted fat quarters. I found the colors I liked and picked out patterns. Two of them are.....PAISLEYS! I don't know what it is about those swoopy tear drop shapes! I just love them. Not sure why I was more drawn blues and greens today. I think they will look lovely in the postage stamp quilt I'm working on now.

As you can see in this photo, I DO have a plan...well sortof. I really love the look of piece-y, scrappy quilts and that is what is intended for this work. There will be lots of different colors and lots of different prints. Each of the squares will be added in a very random pattern. I'll probably just throw all of the squares into a basket and as I'm sewing them together, I'll just grab and sew and whatever comes out, will be sewn into the quilt. I am really eager to start sewing, but I still have more than 750 squares that I have to cut out.

....I'm getting there!


1 comment:

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

I was admiring your postage stamp quilt last night and read this post and realized we're almost neighbors! I live in Colorado Springs! :D Marva