Saturday, April 25, 2009

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y

This was supposed to be part of yesterday's post. I was thrilled to find this little patch of tulips still in my garden. The deer around here love to graze on these beauties. I'm just glad they didn't see or smell these....and left them alone.



This is a very popular item around here...heart-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.


Rise and shine!


This morning is cold and gray. It is a great morning to curl up with my favorite pink shawl and a good, strong, hot cuppa java...


and bake some cinnamon rolls! I cheat and do it the easy way...which is to ALWAYS have a few cans of refrigerator rolls on hand at all times.

Knit, knit, knit! Purl, purl, purl!

I wanted to knit something, so last night I got online and found a cute and simple pattern for a french press cozy. I found this acrylic yarn ("Ocean" by Red Heart...yep it's a supersaver variety) in my stash and whipped it up using size 5 needles. The fabric is a little stiff, but the tight knit will hopefully keep my coffee warmer...just a little bit longer. I need to go through my jar of buttons and pick out the best ones for this project. I can hardly wait to invite a friend over for coffee!


Breakfast with Q...

The cozy was a quick knit! I really liked the colors! I told a friend last night that if I could knit paisleys into it, I would! I HEART PAISLEYS!
Wow! That K monogram mug made it into quite a few shots this morning, no? :)

1 comment:

Yarni Gras! said...

what a beautiful post today. even your mug is pretty! As for everything else, I find that bed too inviting...I'd have to slip back in and grab a book to read for a while longer.....mmmm