Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Love Handmade Stuff!

I participated in a couple of swaps this past week. For one, the challenge was to send my partner an oven mitt. When I looked through her profile, I discovered that she has six cats...and likes them...(a lot, apparently) I dug through my fabric stash and found a piece of fabric with leopard spots on it. Seemed a good fit. I fashioned an oven mitt and then included some measuring spoons and recipe cards and sent it off. Here is the mitt:

And for another swap, our partners were supposed to list ten items they would like to have for their quilting room...then the sender picks five of those items to assemble together in a nice parcel. One of the items my partner requested was something handmade by me. I made this cute pincushion. Notice the use of the paisley? I hope My partner likes paisely, too. :)

This pinchusion measures about 3.75 inches square and 1.25 inches tall.




No comments: