Thursday, September 4, 2008

September Morn'!

I was born in the wee hours of the mornin' on September 2nd...38 years ago.

Wow! I don't think it really sank in until just now. Seeing it here on the screen...I mean...sure! I knew how old I was going to be and during my little party, the kids jokingly asked me, "So, Mom? Do you FEEL 38?" I giggled.

Maybe it usually just takes a couple of days for it to "sink in".... I don't know how 38 is supposed to feel. It kinda sounds like a big number...but it really doesn't feel all THAT big....I guess. I know when I was 17, 38 seemed old...gosh even when I was twenty-five 38 seemed OLDER....BLEH! I remember after my mom turned 40, she told me "Live Begins At 40!" I laughed it off...but maybe she was RIGHT?!

Gosh! I still scratch my head and wonder how is it possible that I have an 18 year-old daughter.

This birthday banner was made from some fun scraps from my stash...it's just a temporary thing until I get the longer fringe or pompon fringe I want for across the top. Maybe the girls can use it on their birthdays, too. When I was laying it out on the ironing board, I giggled to myself as the triangles made me think of hot pink, fringe-trimmed thong panties!

No comments: