Sunday, August 22, 2010

Backyard Marvels


I am not exactly sure what the name of this particularly beautiful plant is, but when I saw it, I knew I had to have one in my garden this year. I was so elated when Ro treated me to this special garden gem. I had a feeling the hummingbirds would just love it.

Sadly, I haven't been able to spend as much time outside as I normally do. I haven't seen any hummingbirds go to it, but I am certain they have indeed found this plant. I enjoy looking at it while I have my coffee on my patio. The flowers' life cycle promotes an interesting display. First the balloon out and explode open in a most vivd red. They stay open for about a week and then the color starts to fade to a yellowish pink. i am sad to say that I know that this lovely vine is an annual. It would be nice if I could enjoy it next season, too, but maybe I will find another lovely plant to fill in this spot in my garden?

This seems like a lovely image for The August Break.

No comments: