Sunday, August 15, 2010

On Our Way

We were on our way into the state park this afternoon for my photo assignment when I spied this lovely scene. The kids all looked out my window to see what I saw. I think they were a little disappointed when they saw that it was just little flowers. Perhaps they were expecting some wildlife?

I live in a beautiful place in the world and I love this place. I don't know that I have ever even seen these bright magenta little wildflowers before. I thought they were BEAUTIFUL! Enough so that I really felt compelled to stop my car and snap a photograph.

I know that someday soon, I will have to move away. I'm not sure how far, but I do feel a little sad that I have loved this place for so long and that I will have to leave it. I also feel so very excited at the opportunities I will be given and new things I will learn, see, new foods to taste and new friends I will make.

No comments: