Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Simpler Times

I long for the afternoons that I can go out into my garden and watch the ladybugs, listen to the hummingbirds, and photograph my beautiful flowers. I crave the simpler times when I could sit and watch a movie and knit a sweater for my little boy.

Life has become a crazy whirlwind of the color blue, birds and hydrangeas. Both of my daughters have asked me, "What ARE you going to do when the wedding is all over?" Well, I know that there is a lot of hustle and bustle now for all the preparations we have to make, but I can't hardly wait until I am married and can just sit back and R-E-L-A-X. The tension is really starting to become something of a challenge.

I must confess: I do feel so giddy when the UPS trucks stop in my street and the man dressed in brown delivers a package to the front door and it is something beautiful for our special day. I was tickled pink today when two deliveries were made. I told Rob about the first one, but insisted that the second delivery must remain a surprise until the perfect moment reveals itself.

This wedding is proving to be my biggest DIY project, indeed! I will be so elated to have my friends and family gather around us and wish us well and enjoy our special day. I have paid very close attention to every detail. Until the day we say "I do," I will enjoy my morning coffee. And I will rest easy knowing that the simpler times will return.

Sometimes I am lucky enough to get to enjoy a few moments of togetherness with my children for a Saturday morning coffee club.

No comments: